bay-bee its cold outside

truly
 no joke
 it was
 in
 the 20s
 this morning
 when
 i left 
to 
beautify™

 i may complain
 about
 the cold
 the wind 
my ears hurting
 but
 it doesn't stop me 
from
 going out 

i have a weekly mission
 to try 
to keep 
to preserve
 as much
 of me
 as i can
 with
 help
 from 
professionals 

good mani/pedis 
are
 not only
 pampering
 but
 restorative
a way to relax

 it doesn't hurt 
that it makes me feel good
 while i try to look good

 getting my hair
 washed
 blown dry
 styled
 is another part of my routine 

my mother 
believed
 in doing
 whatever 
she could
 to make herself more attractive
 even
 tho
 my dad
 rarely
 commented
 he noticed

 i guess
 its just another way
 i take after her
 much
 as
 i like to deny it

 maybe 
its the approaching holidays
 maybe
 its a Facebook conversation
 i had with a cousin i am close to
 maybe
 its the passing of another cousin
 one
 i wasn't close to at all

 maybe
 it was finding
 these
 cups and saucers 
that were mom's

 they were
up
 in 
the above 
the microwave cupboard
 covered in dust

 i was looking
 for
 something else

 don't
 ask me 
what 

cause
 i
 don't
 can't 
remember

 they caught my eye
 i got the iPhone
 took a photo

 maybe
 i will take them down
clean them up
 use them
 for 
dessert
 at 
our
 combo 
thanksgiving hanukkah dinner 
on 
thursday 


we'll see